Effective Date: January 26, 2018
PKGSPOT, INC. (“PKGSPOT”, “WE”, “OUR” OR “US”) COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM YOU WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE, http://pkgspot.com/ (OUR “SITE”) OR USE OUR MOBILE APPLICATIONS (OUR “APPS”). ANYONE CAN VISIT OUR SITE, AND ANYONE CAN DOWNLOAD OUR APPS. HOWEVER, YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT WITH US (“ACCOUNT”) AND LOG INTO THAT ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO USE MOST OF THE FEATURES OF OUR APPS.
We have several Apps. The App that allows customers to order our package pick-up and delivery services (our “Delivery Service”) is referred to herein as the “Delivery App”. We use third party partners to facilitate pick-up and accept delivery of those packages. Those partners use our “Partner App”.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Collection of Information from Visitors
If you are a Visitor, we do not collect or store any Personally Identifiable Information from you that you do not voluntarily provide to us. Visitors can voluntarily provide their first and last name, email address, city and state, phone number and a typed message through our Site.
Collection of Information from Customers
When you Create your Account: If you are a Customer, you must provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you create your Account through the Delivery App, including your:
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Chosen password for your Account;
- Zipcode of your physical address;
- Cellphone number; and
- Payment information (credit card type, number, expiration date and CVV).
When you Use the Delivery App: In order to use the Delivery Service, you must provide your unique customer ID that is associated with your Account, and you must address your package to the Partner Company that will accept delivery of it. We scan and store an image of the shipping label of your packages when they are delivered to a Partner Company through the Delivery Service. Those scans collect, and we store, information included on your packages’ shipping labels, including your unique customer ID and the first and last name of the recipient, but not your physical address. The Delivery App will also collect the following information when you use it:
- Transaction Information: Details related to your use of the Delivery Service, including the name of our Partner Company that will accept delivery of your package, when your package is delivered and picked up by you, the amount charged and any other information we deem necessary to verify delivery and pickup of packages.
- Usage Information: Information about your use of the Delivery App, including your preferences, settings and the features of the Delivery App that you use. We may collect this information through the use of API’s that are connected with our databases.
Collection of Information from Partners
When you Create your Account: If you are a Partner, you must provide certain Personally Identifiable Information to us when you create your Account through the Partner App, including your:
First and last name;
The legal name of the Partner Company you represent (including the type of entity);
Position or relationship to the Partner Company you represent;
Chosen password for your Account; and
Any personal marketing message the Partner Company may choose to provide.
We may also require you to provide additional information about the Partner Company you represent when you create your Account, including its street address, website and days and hours during which it can handle deliveries and pickups of packages.
When you Use the Partner App: When you accept delivery of a package on behalf of a Customer, the Partner App will require that you scan and store an image of the shipping label of the package. The Partner App will then collect and store the information from the shipping label. The Partner App will also collect the following information when you use it:
Transaction Information: Details related to the delivery and pickup of packages through the Delivery Service, including the date and time of delivery and pickup, your name and any other information we deem necessary to verify delivery and pickup of packages.
Usage Information: Information about your use of the Partner App, including your preferences, settings and the features of the Partner App that you use.
We may collect this information through the use of API’s that are connected with our databases.
USE OF INFORMATION
Visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information
If you are a Visitor, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us to respond to your inquiries and send you information and updates about us and our services.
Customers’ and Partners’ Personally Identifiable Information
If you are a Customer or a Partner, we may use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain, optimize and improve the Delivery Services, including to ensure packages make it to the Customer, prevent fraud and abuse, address errors with our Apps, facilitate payments, develop new features and provide support;
- To set up your Account and provide you with ongoing access to your Account;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and requests;
- To send you promotional messages and information about our services and our Apps; and
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our Terms of Service or be illegal.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may use information that cannot directly or indirectly identify you as an individual, including Personally Identifiable Information that has been aggregated and stripped of personally identifying information (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”) for any purposes that we may deem appropriate, including to learn about how you use our Apps and our services, what features you like or find valuable and how we can improve the quality and usefulness of our services.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information with your consent and in the following situations without your consent:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to provide our Site, our Apps and our services, including those who provide delivery and hosting services;
- To a buyer or successor in interest in the event that we participate in a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or a merger or consolidation with a third party;
- When it is necessary in our opinion to do so to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Services or our network;
- To protect our rights, property and safety, including the safety of Customers and Partners, our employees and other contractors and service providers;
- To comply with any subpoena, court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our Terms of Service; and
- To defend against legal claims.
As mentioned above, we use Stripe to process any payments you make to us. We therefore share your payment information with Stripe. You can learn more about how Stripe uses your payment information by CLICKING HERE and reading the terms provided.
If you are a Customer, we will also share some of your Personally Identifiable Information with any Partner Companies and Partners involved the delivery and pickup of your packages, including Your first and last name, your unique customer number and any shipping information listed on your packages’ labels. Partner Companies that receive your Personally Identifiable Information can market their goods and services to you by including a marketing message in the text message you receive from us with your security code that allows you to pick up your packages.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose Non-Personally Identifiable Information to anyone we choose without restriction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your Personally Identifiable Information.
Retention of Information
At this time, we do not have a policy limiting our retention of your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information. We may keep your Personally Identifiable Information indefinitely.
Visitors’ Personally Identifiable Information
If you are a Visitor, you cannot view the Personally Identifiable Information we have collected from you, but the only information we collect is information you have voluntarily provided to us.
If you are a Customer or a Partner, you may view and edit the Personally Identifiable Information that is associated with your Account at any time by logging into your Account through our Apps.
We reserve the right to delete or suspend your Account for any reason. If we delete or suspend your Account, we may purge your information connected with your Account 90 days after we delete or suspend your Account. Please note that we may retain your Personally Identifiable Information even if you request that we delete it for legal and business reasons.
California’s Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
We do not track your activities across the internet. Therefore, we do not use “do not track” signals or respond to “do not track” requests.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us via email by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional email messages, such as messages with information about your Account, about Services you have requested or responses to your questions and/or comments.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our Security Measures
We work hard to prevent unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- When you log into your Account, our Apps generate a token that is destroyed upon logout, mimicking a one-time password security feature, which ensures that no third party can access or use your Personally Identifiable Information while you are logged into your Account.
- We use a hash encryption method to protect your Account’s password.
- Once you create or log into your Account, our third party cloud service provider, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”), backs up your information and data through our Apps on its remote servers, which are protected by the AWS Web Application Firewall for web applications. AWS encrypts your information when it is sent to and from their remote servers using Secure Socket Layer. The AWS Web Application Firewall allows us to create security rules that respond to new security threats as they arise and control traffic of information to and from our Apps. To learn about the security measures provided by AWS, CLICK HERE.
- We restrict our internal access to your Personally Identifiable Information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
How You Can Protect Your Security
If you are a Customer or a Partner, your Personally Identifiable Information and the other information associated with your Account are password protected for your privacy and security. You can help protect against unauthorized access to your Account by keeping your password secret at all times and limiting third party access to your device.
Please note that no information security practices are 100% secure or immune from circumvention. We can’t give you an absolute guarantee that your Personally Identifiable Information will always be secure. If we learn of a security breach that jeopardizes, or may jeopardize, the security and confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information, we will attempt to notify you electronically (subject to any applicable laws) at the email address associated with your Account so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
Our Site, our Apps and any material that we send to you may contain links or otherwise provide access to third party websites and services. We also work with third party service providers to provide our services. Please be aware that we have no control over the policies and practices of third parties, including those relating to the collection of information through their websites and applications (“Third Party Practices”). We are not responsible for Third Party Practices.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of young children, and therefore we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13. No part of our services, our Site or our Apps are directed to persons under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT VISIT OUR SITE OR USE OUR APPS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If we discover that Personally Identifiable Information has been collected from a person under the age of 13 without verified parental consent in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we will immediately delete such information.